VALUABLE FARMS IN KINCARDINESHIRE,
THE following FARMS, in the Parish of Inverbervie, are to be let for 19 years from Martinmas next, viz:--
1st. MAINS of HALLGREEN, containing about 200 acres arable, and 40 acres of pasture, all lying above the turnpike road leading from Bervie to Montrose, and as presently possessed by Andre Keddy.
2d. SILLYFLATT, as lately possessed by David Brown, containing about 140 acres arable, and 15 acres of pasture.
3d. About 50 acres of very rich arable land, and 5 acres of pasture, adjoining to the Town of Inverbervie, and Castle of Hallgreen.
These farms consist of very superior Wheat soil, with a south exposure; and are situated in the immediate vicinity of Inverbervie, and the sea port town of Gourdon; the turnpike road to Montrose passes through the lands, and few arms enjoy more local advantages, having an inexhaustible supply of Sea Weed from the Ware-hole of Gourdon, and shores of the estate, with a considerable command of Manure from the above towns. The Town of Gourdon affords a well frequented Harbour for importing Lime and Coals, and exporting the produce of the lands, and a good weekly market is always found at Montrose, distant only 11 miles from the farms. The Dwelling Houses and Steadings on the farms of Mains of Hallgreen and Sillyflatt are very commodious and complete, with a Thrashing Mill belonging to the proprietor attached to each steading.
The farms will be found in excellent condition, and the entry of the incoming tenants highly favourable.
The lands will be shewn by Alexander Brown, ground officer in Bervie; and proposals for leases may be addressed to the Proprietor, James Farquhar Esq. M.P. Johnstone Lodge, by Laurencekirk; or to John Innes Esq. of Cowie, by Stonehaven; or Messrs. Innes and Dallas W.S. Edinburgh.
Published in the Aberdeen Journal, Wednesday 12th October 1814.